Recipe by Julieca
I got this recipe out of a flyer for Tabasco sauce years ago. Every time I make it, it's a huge hit. Ordering this at restaurants now is a major disappointment. I always add more cheese and Tabasco sauce and leave out the salt, but it's a personal choice.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter over medium heat in large saucepan or skillet.
- Add chopped onions and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add artichokes and spinach (thawed and drained), cream cheese, sour cream, Tabasco sauce, salt and cheeses.
- Cook until heated through.
- Pour into a ½ quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Place in oven until cheese is melted and slightly brown.
- Remove and serve immediately with choice of chips (recommend Tostito Golds).