Recipe by Sueie
Asian style spinach and potatoes. Budget-stretcher dish. I can eat it as a meal. Love it!
Top Review by Nose
Comfort food that's not bland! I liked that the potatoes absorbed the flavors from the spices and seasonings. I didn't think the bell peppers (capsicum) cooked enough when added so late; I wish I had added them earlier. The flavor is a mix of savory, sweetish, and spice - it's almost a little like HP Sauce or worcestershire sauce.
- 4 potatoes (about 500g)
- 1 bunch spinach (4 cups when shredded)
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely minced coriander
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped lemongrass
- 1⁄4 cup diced red capsicum
- 8 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 8 teaspoons limes or 8 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice potatoes and place in pot of boiling water, and cook over high heat until just tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Shred spinach leaves and rinse thoroughly.
- In a wok or heavy based frying pan on medium high heat, add onion and garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- And ginger, coriander, lemongrass and spinach and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add potato and capsicum, stir-fry for further 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add chilli sauce, soy sauce and lemon juice, stir-fry for ther 1 minute.