Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great drink for the holidays. I was just in Michigan and we had some dark spiced rum and sparkling apple cider at my parents house so I threw this drink together and it's pretty darn good if I say so myself.
- 1 ounce spiced rum (Sailor Jerry or Captain Morgan)
- 3⁄4 ounce dark rum (Myers, or sub 1 1/3 oz spiced dark rum like Captain Morgan's Tattoo for both the spiced rum and dark)
- 4 ounces sparkling apple cider
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- lemon juice (for rim) or lime juice (for rim)
- Combined sugar and cinnamon well. Wet glass with lemon or lime juice and dip rim into cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Fill highball or chimney glass with ice. Add spiced rum, dark rum. Add sparkling cider to the top.
- May also be made in large wine glasses (chill rums and cider first and don't add any ice).
This was a very good simple cocktail and it was a big hit. I used Tattoo version of this and it was a very nice way to start off the new year.
Thank you! This was a big hit last Thanksgiving and is back this year by popular demand! I simplified by using just Spiced Rum.
Made this tonight using regular apple cider. Used Captain Morgan and Myers Rum. Left out the sugar due to the fact that I used regular apple cider. My wife wasn't fond of this but I enjoyed it.