- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced fine
- 1 small Spanish onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 red pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice (short grain)
- 2 -3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron, dissolved in 1 tbsp. milk
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 (14 ounce) can plum tomatoes, juiced strained and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet or saucepan with a lid sauté onion and jalapeños in olive oil until softened.
- Stir in garlic, herbs, zucchini, red pepper, green pepper and tomatoes and cook with lid on for 10 minutes.
- Add rice, broth and saffron milk and stir to combine, cook till the rice is just tender and the liquid nearly absorbed 15-20mins.
- Stir in peas, salt and pepper and let cook a further 10mins or until peas are cooked through and tender.