Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is so flavorful. It is a combination of a couple different recipes and my own personal touches. We like things spicy, so use mild rotel and omit the jalapeno and tabasco if you don't want spicy. I'm going to try this with brown rice next time, I have a feeling it would be really good. I'll let you know!
- 4 -6 pork chops (I used 4 big Costco bone-in chops)
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- 3⁄4 cup rice
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 cup v 8 juice
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 small onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on pork chops.
- Brown pork chops in 2 tbl of the butter in a sautee pan.
- Remove pork chops from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tbl of butter to pan.
- Add orzo and sautee until slightly browned.
- Add rice to pan, stir and remove from heat.
- Pour rice on the bottom of a lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Place pork chops on top of rice.
- Scatter sliced onions and peppers over the pork chops.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over pork chops.
- Cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until rice is done.
I just tried this recipe tonight using thick cut boneless porkchops I bought at Sam's Club. My husband and I both loved it! It is easy to assemble and very tasty! Some people may have to really adjust the spice level, but we like spicy so it was perfect. Thanks for posting!!!