Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spicy garlic shrimp...YUM YUM YUM! Flies off the table in seconds. Recipe source: Sunday newspaper.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb uncooked cleaned and peeled shrimp
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped finely
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Melt 2 teaspoons butter in a skillet and cook shrimp on high for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Turn once.
- Remove shrimp and set aside.
- In same skillet melt remaining butter and sauté jalapeño and garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Next return shrimp to skillet and add cilantro and lime juice.
- Cook until shrimp turn pink.
This was very easy to make. I only had frozen cooked shrimp so I used that and loved it. Will be making this again in the near future. thanks for the recipe.
This was wonderful, so flavorful as is the hallmark of Spanish cuisine. Using fresh ingredients in this dish really adds a nice touch, so I am happy I used all fresh products. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Pepper Monkey. Made for the monthly tag game (for September) in the Spain forum.
One word - delicious! Lots of flavor and spice. My kind of recipe. Thanks for sharing it.