Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The eggs turn this one-dish wonder into a hearty meal. If you really like your spice, you could add a jalapeno pepper in with the other vegetables.
- 100 g chorizo sausage, sliced (or other dry, spicy sausage)
- 4 slices parma ham, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sweet pepper, chopped
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 4 fresh eggs
- In a large and deep frying pan, fry the chorizo and ham without any oil.
- After a couple minutes, add the onion, garlic, mushrooms and peppers and cook for another few minutes.
- Then add the tomatoes, water, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Cook for about five minutes.
- Add peas and cook for another couple minutes.
- Roughly chop parsley and throw that inches.
- Make four indentations in the stew and crack the eggs directly into them.
- Now, either cover the pan and cook for about five minutes until the eggs are set or cook the eggs by grilling them in your oven.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread and more parsley on top.
DH and I made this stew for lunch a few days ago and loved it! Wonderful flavors, just the right amount of spice, and loved all of the hearty veggies. We used chorizo and prosciutto. I would definitely have this stew again. Thanks!
Five thumbs up --- WAY up! I tried the recipe last weekend: it was something new for both me and my family and we all loved it. I used prosciutto and good red wine sausage. The eggs really give the dish a new dimension. Thank you for sharing this recipe!!