karen hynes's Note:
This recipe was in an English paper. As a meat eater, this alternative veggie dish was a winner. Easy to make, low in fat, comforting midweek dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 g chestnut mushrooms (thickly sliced)
- 1 garlic clove (thinly sliced)
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, leaves only
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped (or use dried chili flakes)
- 300 g spaghetti (or 10 oz)
- 1Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the mushrooms then fry over a high heat for three minutes until golden and softened.
- 2Add the garlic, fry for one minute more, then tip into a bowl with the parsley.
- 3Add the onion and celery into the pan with the rest of the oil, then fry for five minutes until lightly coloured.
- 4Stir in the tomatoes, chili and a little salt, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes until thickened.
- 5Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions, then drain. Toss with the sauce, top with the garlicy mushrooms and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Spaghetti With Garlic Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.6
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 15.0 g