Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From WholeFoods, via Trisha on FaceBook. Looks amazing! Here for safekeeping.
- 1 spaghetti squash, medium
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 118.29 ml red pepper, chopped
- 236.59 ml black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 118.29 ml sweet corn, frozen or fresh
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 78.07 ml cilantro, minced
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- Roast squash in a 375°F oven for 50 minutes until tender or cut squash in half and place in a microwave dish with 1/2 inch of water, lightly covered with plastic wrap for 20 minutes on high until tender. cool. When cool, scoop flesh from squash halves leaving the shell intact for stuffing.
- For the filling, heat oil in a large pan and sauté red onion, jalapeño chili and red pepper for 2 minutes. Add beans, corn and chili powder; sauté 1 minute longer. Add cooked squash, cilantro, lime juice and salt, cook 1 minute until heated through.
- Fill squash halves with filling, mounding mixture in the center.
Healthy and easy to make. Looks nice on the plate. A little bland without a lot of cheese (we used a shredded Mexican blend).