Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From WholeFoods, via Trisha on FaceBook. Looks amazing! Here for safekeeping.
Make and share this Spicy Spaghetti Squash With Black Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 spaghetti squash, medium
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1⁄2 cup sweet corn, frozen or fresh
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Roast squash in a 375°F oven for 50 minutes until tender or cut squash in half and place in a microwave dish with 1/2 inch of water, lightly covered with plastic wrap for 20 minutes on high until tender. cool. When cool, scoop flesh from squash halves leaving the shell intact for stuffing.
- For the filling, heat oil in a large pan and sauté red onion, jalapeño chili and red pepper for 2 minutes. Add beans, corn and chili powder; sauté 1 minute longer. Add cooked squash, cilantro, lime juice and salt, cook 1 minute until heated through.
- Fill squash halves with filling, mounding mixture in the center.
Healthy and easy to make. Looks nice on the plate. A little bland without a lot of cheese (we used a shredded Mexican blend).