1/1 Photo of Spicy Spaghetti Sauce
This was one of those "accident" recipe's that turned out really great. I was making spaghetti one night and when I went looking for a jar of sauce there wasn't any. The only thing close to a tomatoe base sauce was something that I picked up from a specialty store. You can make it one of two ways (that I've tried anyhow). The first is how I made it the other night with less of a kick. Or with a spicy kick like I made it the first time. The ingredients that say "optional" those are the ones that I added to give it more of a consistency and color. Plus it tamed it. Either way I feel this is pretty good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1/2 ounce) bag precooked frozen italian style meatballs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pataks Original Spicy Tomato and Cardamom Rogan Josh Cooking Sauce
- 1Cook the ground beef on a medium to low flame. If you choose to not use this method, then put a few tablespoons of oil in the pan and cook only half of the bag of meatballs. Or as many as you want.
- 2Once the ground beef has started to change to a light pink, drain the excess oils and add the frozen meatballs. Cook until the ground beef is cook all the way through and until the meatballs are no longer frozen.
- 3Now add your Pataka's Original Cooking sauce. Then take the 1/2 cup milk and put it in the jar of the cooking sauce to get the excess sauce that remains and add it to the pan.
- 4Add the diced tomatoes and the bell peppers continue to cook on a medium flame until the sauce starts to simmer and reduce to a low flame. Continue cooking until the bell peppers are soft -- or if you like a little crunch just cook until they are warm.
- 5Toss with your favorite pasta and enjoy!
- 6*Note: The cooking sauce only comes in a 15 ounce jar, the site was giving me a hard time. If you like all of the extra ingredients and still want more of a kick you could always add half a jar more of the Pataks Cooking Sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.0
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 391.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen italian style meatballs
diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic