Recipe by Cactus Arm
Mildly spicy white sauce with chicken and spaghetti noodles. The recipe comes from Light and Tasty Magazine. Our family and guests have given this recipe a five star rating. This is a recipe I can hide the mushrooms from my husband.
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into inch cubes
- 3 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti.
- Sprinkle chicken with cajun seasoning.
- Coat skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- Cook chicken in skillet until lightly browned and juices run clear, about 7 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- In the same skillet saute mushrooms, green pepper, onions and garlic, until almost tender.
- In a bowl combine cornstarch, salt and pepper, and sprinkle over vegetables in skillet.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute gradually adding in the half and half.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat and cook til thickened.
- Return chicken to skillet and heat though.
- Pour over cooked and drained noodles.