Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mildly spicy white sauce with chicken and spaghetti noodles. The recipe comes from Light and Tasty Magazine. Our family and guests have given this recipe a five star rating. This is a recipe I can hide the mushrooms from my husband.
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into inch cubes
- 3 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- Cook spaghetti.
- Sprinkle chicken with cajun seasoning.
- Coat skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- Cook chicken in skillet until lightly browned and juices run clear, about 7 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- In the same skillet saute mushrooms, green pepper, onions and garlic, until almost tender.
- In a bowl combine cornstarch, salt and pepper, and sprinkle over vegetables in skillet.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute gradually adding in the half and half.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat and cook til thickened.
- Return chicken to skillet and heat though.
- Pour over cooked and drained noodles.
My wife really liked it. I thought it was good, but thought the sauce needed some extra seasoning. Not sure what- I'd have to play with it.
I think DH and I have a different view on spicy as this had no heat whatsoever even with 3 tsps cajun seasoning, and the added 1/4 jalapeno I diced in. I also think that the half and half left a bit of an aftertaste, so I might use some heavy cream if I make this again.