Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from www.soycooking.com. Posted at the request of a Zaar member.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy oil
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar prune baby food
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup cooked soybeans, rinsed, drained & mashed
- 2 cups flour (may use whole wheat)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine brown sugar, oil, prune baby food, egg, applesauce and vanilla in large mixing bowl.
- Beat well with electric mixer, add soybeans and beat again.
- In medium mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- Stir into the soybean mixture.
- Stir oats and raisins into the dough.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until firm and lightly golden.
- Do not over bake.