Recipe by smelly0610
Interesting, very interesting
Top Review by Thedeath458
What an intresting Cookie! More like a small soft cake really. However, the flavor is subtle and unique, having many diffrent undertones of earthyness, contributing to a nice pleasant taste with a soft chew to it, not overly sweet either, which was pleasant. However, I omited the cloves and ginger and reduced the amount of nutmeg used, and instead used chinese five spice powder. No one would suspect that the secret ingredients was Soybeans (Which I had a 1/4c leftover on hand, hence I made these cookies) and prune baby food!
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup soy oil
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar prune baby food
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce (Motts Naturals)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup soybeans, cooked, rinsed, drained & mashed
- 2 cups flour (may use whole wheat)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine brown sugar, oil, prune baby food, egg, applesauce and vanilla in large mixing bowl.
- Beat well with electric mixer, add soybeans and beat again.
- In medium mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- Stir into the soybean mixture.
- Stir oats into the dough.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until firm and lightly golden.
- Do not over bake.