Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Soya is rich in protein and can be added to any gravy dish to enhance the flavour. Spicy Soya is a side dish for rotis and can also be had as a stuffing for sandwiches.
- 2 cups soya wadis
- 3 onions
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saunf
- 2 cloves
- 2 teaspoons whole pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 piece ginger
- 1 piece cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil 4 cups of water.
- Add soya wadis to it.
- After 10 minutes, drain the water and squeeze it hard with your hand.
- Put it in a mixie.
- Grind for 10 seconds in speed one.
- Grind pepper, corriander seeds, garlic, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, saunf and onion to a paste.
- In a pan, add the oil and heat it.
- Add mustard seeds and then the 2 onions which are finely cut.
- When onions turn brown, add the cut tomato pieces with chilli powder.
- Add the ground masala now and salt to taste.
- Fry for 5-7 minutes till the oil comes out.
- Add frozen peas.
- Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add podered wadis.
- Fry for 10 minutes.
- When soya masala becomes brownish, switch off the fire.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with rotis or stuff into sandwiches and enjoy!