Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
WARNING: These are SPICY! But, the flavor is fantastic. If you are looking for something different....this is it! Garnish these as you would any other burger...lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, mustard or ketchup. We used a spicy chipotle pepper cheese as well - these were fantastic. The chipotle peppers and the cumin give these a really smoky flavor.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo, minced (use a little of the sauce too!)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf, coarsely chopped
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Divide into four burgers and grill.
I have never been a fan of turkey burgers. But these are REALLY good. I didn't find that they were overly spicy at all. I grilled these and gave them a bit of char. Excellent recipe... I will not be going back to beef.
This sure did have a kick to it. I cut the recipe in half since there's just 2 of us. The chipotle in adobo really gives it a smokey bite. Will make again. Thanks for posting. Made for Bargain Basement game 2009.