Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
A little recipe card from the bulk foods section in Wild Oats market. Yield is approximate.
- 236.59 ml dried spicy southwestern soup mix
- 1182.95 ml water or 1182.95 ml chicken stock
- 473.18 ml diced cooked chicken (optional)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- Boil soup mix and water or stock for 5 minutes.
- Simmer for 60 to 90 minutes; adding water if necessary to maintain desired consistency.
- Include diced chicken if desired.
- The flavor is enhanced if refrigerated and served the next day.
- Season with lime juice and chopped fresh cilantro.