Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Womans Day magazine.
Make and share this Spicy Southwestern Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- cilantro leaf
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
- Put onions and garlic and jalapeno into a food processor and finely chop.
- Scrape mixture into a large bowl and add turkey and remaining ingredients.
- Mix well using your hands or a wooden spoon.
- Pat evenly into loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Special Sauce:.
- Stir wine and flour in a small saucepan with a wisk until blended well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened. Stir in milk and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add butter and sauces and salt and simmer until butter melts.
- Add cilantro leaves and serve with meatloaf.