Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great food for a cold windy day. Serve with some cheesy bread and a salad and you got yourself a tasty meal with a kick :)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, medium chopped
- 13 ounces linguica sausage, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup corn
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (10 ounce) cans baby clams, juice reserved
- Heat oil in a large stock pot.
- Add onions and sauté 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the linguica and saute 5 more minutes more.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the clams and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 - 30 minutes till the potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Add the baby clams and cook 5 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy.