1/2 Photos of Spicy Southwestern Clam Chowder
Great food for a cold windy day. Serve with some cheesy bread and a salad and you got yourself a tasty meal with a kick :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, medium chopped
- 13 ounces linguica sausage, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup corn
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (10 ounce) cans baby clams, juice reserved
- 1Heat oil in a large stock pot.
- 2Add onions and sauté 5 minutes over medium heat.
- 3Add the linguica and saute 5 more minutes more.
- 4Stir in the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the clams and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer for 20 - 30 minutes till the potatoes and carrots are tender.
- 6Add the baby clams and cook 5 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Southwestern Clam Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.3
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 631.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: