Recipe by persnicketyanne
The spicy flavors of the Southwest in a creamy, cheesy soup, perfect for football parties, Sunday night suppers or quick weeknight dinners. Add a tossed salad and whole grain rolls for a perfect meal.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter or margarine on medium heat in a large pot .
- Add potatoes and stir until the potatoes are cooked.
- Sprinkle flour over potatoes. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add chicken stock, stirring until smooth. Return to heat and stir until slightly thickened.
- Add cheese. Continue cooking on medium heat until the soup is hot.
- Taste soup, adding salt or pepper as needed.