Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The spicy flavors of the Southwest in a creamy, cheesy soup, perfect for football parties, Sunday night suppers or quick weeknight dinners. Add a tossed salad and whole grain rolls for a perfect meal.
- Melt butter or margarine on medium heat in a large pot .
- Add potatoes and stir until the potatoes are cooked.
- Sprinkle flour over potatoes. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add chicken stock, stirring until smooth. Return to heat and stir until slightly thickened.
- Add cheese. Continue cooking on medium heat until the soup is hot.
- Taste soup, adding salt or pepper as needed.