The spicy flavors of the Southwest in a creamy, cheesy soup, perfect for football parties, Sunday night suppers or quick weeknight dinners. Add a tossed salad and whole grain rolls for a perfect meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter or margarine on medium heat in a large pot .
- 2Add potatoes and stir until the potatoes are cooked.
- 3Sprinkle flour over potatoes. Stir for 2 minutes.
- 4Gradually add chicken stock, stirring until smooth. Return to heat and stir until slightly thickened.
- 5Add cheese. Continue cooking on medium heat until the soup is hot.
- 6Taste soup, adding salt or pepper as needed.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Southwest Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.0
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.5 mg
- Sodium 823.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns