Recipe by egurman
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. The crispy and spicy hash brown give a kick to these peppers that can be serves as an appetizer or as an entree.
- 3 1⁄2 cups Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns
- 6 poblano peppers
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated or 1 lb monterey jack cheese, for even more heat
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Put the poblanos on a baking sheet and a little oil and salt. Roast for 20 minutes or until all the skin blisters. Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let steam for 10 minutes.
- Peel the skin and cut a slit into the side of each pepper. Remove the seeds and membranes by hand and rinse with a little water to get all seeds. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium, render the diced chorizo until crispy. Remove the chorizo from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1 package of Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns to the skillet and spread evenly. Cook for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom. Flip over in sections and continue to cook for another 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in the cilantro and season with salt.
- Using a spoon, stuff the poblanos with the hashbrown mix into the pobanos and top with the grated cheese.
- Place the stuffed poblanos back into the oven for about 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.