- 3 1⁄2 lbs frying chickens, cut up
- 3⁄4 cup louisiana hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- In small bowl, combine hot pepper sauce, black pepper, seasoned salt and poultry seasoning.
- Place chicken in plastic bag and pour mixture over.
- Toss to coat well, seal bag and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Turn chicken pieces occasionally.
- Place flour in plastic bag.
- Heat oil to 340° in large deep skillet to 1/2 the depth of the pan.
- Remove chicken from marinade and dredge in flour until well coated.
- Fry a few at a time so as not to crowd for 15 minutes.
- Turn and fry 12 to 15 minutes more or until done.
- Drain on paper towels before serving.