Real spicy southern fried chicken. Well worth the effort!
Make and share this Spicy Southern Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- In small bowl, combine hot pepper sauce, black pepper, seasoned salt and poultry seasoning.
- Place chicken in plastic bag and pour mixture over.
- Toss to coat well, seal bag and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Turn chicken pieces occasionally.
- Place flour in plastic bag.
- Heat oil to 340° in large deep skillet to 1/2 the depth of the pan.
- Remove chicken from marinade and dredge in flour until well coated.
- Fry a few at a time so as not to crowd for 15 minutes.
- Turn and fry 12 to 15 minutes more or until done.
- Drain on paper towels before serving.