Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Real spicy southern fried chicken. Well worth the effort!
Make and share this Spicy Southern Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- In small bowl, combine hot pepper sauce, black pepper, seasoned salt and poultry seasoning.
- Place chicken in plastic bag and pour mixture over.
- Toss to coat well, seal bag and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Turn chicken pieces occasionally.
- Place flour in plastic bag.
- Heat oil to 340° in large deep skillet to 1/2 the depth of the pan.
- Remove chicken from marinade and dredge in flour until well coated.
- Fry a few at a time so as not to crowd for 15 minutes.
- Turn and fry 12 to 15 minutes more or until done.
- Drain on paper towels before serving.
Excellent fried chicken and I did like any good Louisianian...I threw the bones out back to the alligators. Made for Ragin' Cajun Tag.
Good chicken. I used all legs, so I was afraid to marinade overnight. They soaked for about 6 or 8 hours. They would have probably been fine going longer, they weren't real spicy. I am not the best chicken fryer, but these came out well. I served with my Creamy Potato Salad With Radishes, Lemon & Dill. Thanks!
This was nicely spicy without being over the top hot. We really enjoyed it & I will be making it again. I used all drumsticks & marinated a full day. I elect to double bread the chicken and followed the directions for frying chicken shared by my mother-in-law simply because we like our fried chicken that way. I woudn't change a thing in the marinade. It really is flavorful! Thank you for sharing the recipe!