1/4 Photos of Spicy Southern Fried Chicken
Real spicy southern fried chicken. Well worth the effort!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- 2In small bowl, combine hot pepper sauce, black pepper, seasoned salt and poultry seasoning.
- 3Place chicken in plastic bag and pour mixture over.
- 4Toss to coat well, seal bag and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- 5Turn chicken pieces occasionally.
- 6Place flour in plastic bag.
- 7Heat oil to 340° in large deep skillet to 1/2 the depth of the pan.
- 8Remove chicken from marinade and dredge in flour until well coated.
- 9Fry a few at a time so as not to crowd for 15 minutes.
- 10Turn and fry 12 to 15 minutes more or until done.
- 11Drain on paper towels before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Southern Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (519 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1148.2
- Calories from Fat 548
- Total Fat 60.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 298.8 mg
- Sodium 1398.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 82.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: