Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
In my LJ the day I made this concoction, I dubbed it “Weird Meatloaf.” :) I also proclaimed it “darn good” after dinner, so it deserves a much more proper recipe title. From LJ entry Sunday, August 25th, 2002.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crunched up tim's cascade style hot jalapeno potato chips or 1 1⁄2 cups spicy potato chips
- 1⁄2 cup Southern Comfort
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes (dried minced onion)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 1 lb hot pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons spicy horseradish seafood cocktail sauce (we use Beaver sauce from here in the Pacific NW)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crunch up a bunch of Tim's Cascade Style Hot Jalapeno Chips until you get about 1.5 cups worth.
- Mix it with about 1/2 cup of Southern Comfort and 3 or 4 minced cloves of garlic and let it sit for about 15 minutes to soak inches Throw in 1/2 teaspoon of ancho chili powder, 3 tablespoons dried minced onion, 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, and 2 eggs, and stir it all together well.
- Add 1 pound of lean hamburger and 1 pound of hot pork sausage and squish it all together really, really well with your hands (after you washed 'em).
- Pack the whole mess into a meatloaf pan, top it off with spicy horseradishy cocktail sauce, and bake it at 350 degrees for about an hour and a half.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for about 10 minutes before cutting into it. Enjoy!