1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
In my LJ the day I made this concoction, I dubbed it “Weird Meatloaf.” :) I also proclaimed it “darn good” after dinner, so it deserves a much more proper recipe title. From LJ entry Sunday, August 25th, 2002.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups crunched up tim's cascade style hot jalapeno potato chips or 1 1/2 cups spicy potato chips
- 1/2 cup Southern Comfort
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes (dried minced onion)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 1 lb hot pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons spicy horseradish seafood cocktail sauce (we use Beaver sauce from here in the Pacific NW)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Crunch up a bunch of Tim's Cascade Style Hot Jalapeno Chips until you get about 1.5 cups worth.
- 3Mix it with about 1/2 cup of Southern Comfort and 3 or 4 minced cloves of garlic and let it sit for about 15 minutes to soak inches Throw in 1/2 teaspoon of ancho chili powder, 3 tablespoons dried minced onion, 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, and 2 eggs, and stir it all together well.
- 4Add 1 pound of lean hamburger and 1 pound of hot pork sausage and squish it all together really, really well with your hands (after you washed 'em).
- 5Pack the whole mess into a meatloaf pan, top it off with spicy horseradishy cocktail sauce, and bake it at 350 degrees for about an hour and a half.
- 6Remove from the oven and let it sit for about 10 minutes before cutting into it. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Southern Comfort Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.8
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 146.1 mg
- Sodium 718.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jalapeno potato chips
seafood cocktail sauce