Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
savory, flavorful collard greens. They go perfect with chicken fried steak and sweet tea.
- 1 bunch collard greens, washed and torn into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 ham hock
- place all ingredients in a big pot and cover with water.
- simmer on low for at least one hour.
- Drain and serve.
These were good! I didn't have a ham hock so I used some smokey bacon and it worked wonderfully. This is the way my granma used to make greens when I was little! Great recipe!