Recipe by BurtonFanatic
Removing the chicken fat and skin and adding no salt to the tasty sauce makes this chicken favorite heart-healthy. From SparkPeople.com Calories: 177.2 Fat: 4.6 g Carbohydrates: 23.3 g Protein: 11.2 g
Top Review by TooAllergic
Spicy is right! My family is torn on this one. It is definately a healthy dish that is full of flavor. I found the amount of chili powder and chili flakes to be over-powering and bitter. My better half thought it was great. I will say that the onions had a nice texture and the chicken was very moist. Next time I will cut the chili powder and flakes in half and I will also add a bit more vinegar. Thank you for posting a flavorful, low-fat, heart-healthy recipe.****edited to say: I forgot to mention this recipe's greatest feature... the aroma! Our kitchen smelled heavenly for two days!
- 3 lbs skinless chicken pieces, skin and fat removed (breast, drumstick, and thigh)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup broth, skim fat from top
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a 13x9x2" pan. Arrange onions over the top.
- Mix together vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, pepper, hot pepper flakes, chili powder, and stock.
- Pour over the chicken and bake at 350º F for 1 hour or until done. Baste occasionally.