Recipe by shawnajean
"Good 'N Spicy. Not your typical spinach dip recipe. No artichokes, here! Serve this tasty treat with tortilla chips."
Top Review by JanetSmith154
I LOVE THIS STUFF, we actually use 2 cans of Ro*Tel, and serve with pretty much anything - my mom likes to serve with thick tortilla chips (such as on the border) - me, i like to serve this with pita chips!!!!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 10 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Saute onion in skillet over medium heat in oil until softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and chiles, let cook 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and stir in spinach, cheese, cream cheese, half and half, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon mixture into shallow baking dish like a 9 inch quiche dish or pie plate.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the dip is bubbly and the top is light brown, about 35 minutes.