Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I haven't tried this recipe yet but I hope to soon!
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml milk
- 29.58 ml instant coffee granules
- 177.44 ml raisins
- 354.88 ml flour
- 118.29 ml oats
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 14.79 ml oats
- Put eggs, sour cream, milk, and instant coffee in a bowl. Whisk until well blended. Stir in raisins. Let stand about 5 minutes while coffee dissolves. Stir to mix.
- While coffee is dissolving, heat oven to 375 degrees F. and grease muffin cups or use paper liners.
- Mix flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and spices in a large bowl. Add sour cream mixture and fold in just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Scoop batter info muffin cups. Sprinkle with the 1 T. oats. Bake 20-23 minutes, or until brown and springy to the touch in the center.
I have no doubt at all that this is a great recipe as written. I used fat free sour cream, egg beaters and fat free milk and the muffins came out kinda hockey puck-ish. However after I allowed them to cool they were fine, really good. A little on the chewy side but again that's because I pulled all the fat out. I will make again only with probably real eggs. Thank you!
These were very good muffins. I halved the recipe to make 6 muffins. I followed it to a "T" except for I used 1/2 c. raisins (the halved recipe called for 3/8 c.) The coffee flavor comes through as does the allspice. This will get a recipe card and I'll make them again! Thanks!
This recipe deserves more than 5 stars, just for the heavenly scent while baking. They were moist and very flavorful. Loved the coffee flavor throughout. Similar to a coffee cake I make, but this was so much easier. Thanks for sharing, these were heavenly! Will definitely make them again as they were eaten up in one day. My family has a new muffin they will be requesting I'm sure. With all the oooo's and awwwwhs and the fact that they are healthy as well. Made for Recipe Swap #7 ~V