Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite guacamole recipe. I have served it several times and it has always been a hit. It was given to me by a friend who brought it to a pot luck at work several years ago in Austin, Texas. Beware: the amount and kind of chili peppers used in this recipe are quite spicy, but the piquancy may be adjusted by reducing the quantity of peppers called for, and by slicing the fresh serrano and jalapeno peppers in half and eliminating the seeds. Provecho!
- 2 avocados
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces water
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 onion, medium
- 20 dried pequin peppers (or to taste)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (or to taste)
- 1 serrano pepper (or to taste)
- 1 anaheim chili (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Slice and remove seeds from serrano and jalapeno peppers if desired, taking care to protect your hands while handling them.
- Throw ingredients on at a time in blender. Blend to a creamy consistency.
- Serve and enjoy.