1/2 Photos of Spicy Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
1 hr 30 mins
Carol's Mistletoe Kitchen's Note:
This is one of my favorite dishes. The enchiladas are covered in a spicy sour cream sauce and filled with cheese and chicken!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 canned jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, toasted (toast in dry skillet 30 seconds0)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup real butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 3 canned jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 20 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups chicken, cooked & chopped
- 4 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped and saueteed in
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-Combine first 6 ingredients; stir well. Cover and chill
- 2-Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add broth; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and 4 chopped peppers.
- 3Cook chicken. Chop or shread chicken.
- 4-Mix chicken with 3 cups of cheese and sautéed onions in large bowl.
- 5-Pour 1/3 of sour cream mixture into a lightly greased, large, baking dish; set dish and remaining sour cream mixture aside.
- 6-Heat tortillas in microwave for app. 30 seconds (5 at a time).
- 7-Spoon 2-3 Tablespoons of chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas; place tortillas, seam side down in prepared dish. Pour remaining sour cream mixture over enchiladas.
- 8-Bake at 400 for 25 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese and bake 3-5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with chilled tomato mixture. Serves 10.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.5
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 98.6 mg
- Sodium 1030.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 18.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: