Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great lunch salad.
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen snow peas, thawed (or 1 cup fresh, blanched snow peas, strings removed)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into medium dice
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (include tender green tops)
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1⁄3 cup peanut oil
- Cook soba noodles by following the package directions (do not overcook); drain and rinse briefly under cold running water; drain completely.
- Put noodles in a large serving bowl.
- Make the dressing: in a small mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar, red pepper flakes, sesame oil, chile oil, and tamari.
- Slowly whisk in the peanut oil until an emulsion forms.
- Pour the dressing over the noodles.
- Add in the snow peas, bell pepper, onions, and sesame seeds (if you are going to refrigerate the salad, do not add the snow peas until just before serving).
- Toss the salad gently to coat.
- Serve at once or you may refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
I love any oriental noodle!!! This was good but it just kind of lacked a little something.....in the sauce. Maybe a bit of sugar or a stronger vinegar. Just my taste I guess. Well worth trying Thanks again NurseDi