Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From "Brassicas" by Laura B Russell. This sounds like a perfect summer-time dish. I suspect I'll be reducing the amount of soy sauce.
- 8 ounces dried soba noodles
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 6 cups stemmed watercress or 6 cups upland watercress or 6 cups arugula
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- Bring a large pot of water to boil on high heat. Add the soba noodles and cook until done, about 8 minutes (or cook according to package directions).
- In the meantime, prepare the dressing by mixing together the soy sauce, chile-garlic sauce and sesame oil. Set aside. (I made half the recipe and used maybe 1 1/2 tsp soy sauce for the dressing - that was enough for me).
- Drain the soba in a colander.
- Put the greens into the hot pot, then return the soba noodles to the pot along with the neutral oil. The residual heat will wilt the greens.
- Add the dressing and toss. Serve warm or at room temperature.