From "Brassicas" by Laura B Russell. This sounds like a perfect summer-time dish. I suspect I'll be reducing the amount of soy sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of water to boil on high heat. Add the soba noodles and cook until done, about 8 minutes (or cook according to package directions).
- 2In the meantime, prepare the dressing by mixing together the soy sauce, chile-garlic sauce and sesame oil. Set aside. (I made half the recipe and used maybe 1 1/2 tsp soy sauce for the dressing - that was enough for me).
- 3Drain the soba in a colander.
- 4Put the greens into the hot pot, then return the soba noodles to the pot along with the neutral oil. The residual heat will wilt the greens.
- 5Add the dressing and toss. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Soba Noodles With Wilted Watercress
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.8
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1100.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: