Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Hot weather heaven. Cold noodles with tang of sesame paste
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chili oil
- 1⁄2 cup sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 bunches scallions
- 1 lb soba noodles
- Reduce soy sauce by 1/2 over high heat.
- Mince scallions.
- Combine other ingredients
- Cook soba noodles for three minutes, plunge in ice water.
- Stir in the sauce and scallions, refrigerate until cold.
This recipe is da bomb! Everyone we serve it to just loves it. We have tried it with lots of variations - add some shiitake mushrooms or tofu for a more complete meal. We have also tried it with a little less oil, and it's still da bomb. If it's too spicy, you can cut back on the chili oil, but I like it hot. Awesome recipe with complex flavor.