Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Quickly thrown together cold noodle salad.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 9 ounces green beans, frenched and blanched
- 9 ounces soba noodles
- 1 -2 cup shredded peeled carrot
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- finely chopped parsley
- Stir together lime juice, canola oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, orange zest and red pepper flakes. (start with 1/4 teaspoon of the red pepper, you can add more later, but it's tough to take away if you add too much). Let the dressing sit for the flavors to meld for a few minutes.
- Cook soba in a large pot of boiling water until tender but still firm to bite. The range of cooking times with soba noodles is variable, and depends on the proportion of buckwheat/wheat flour. Drain. Rinse pasta under cold running water and drain again.
- Combine dressing, green beans, carrots and soba noodles in large bowl, Gently toss to mix. Add minced parsley until the salad looks right to you. adjust salt/pepper.