Recipe by MrsSnax
I made this marinade up when my DH and I were first married. It works very well for grilling or for broiling. It's on the zesty side, so feel free to cut down on the spices.
Top Review by Julie Tremmel
This was a flavorful and easy recipe. I did omit the whiskey per didnt have any in the cupboard but will try the recipe again with it next time (although I found the recipe great without it!!) I marinated the porkchops for about 7 hours and the marinade flavored the meat perfectly. This is a recipe I will make often. Thank you.
- 1⁄2 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup whiskey (not essential, but adds a great deal of flavor)
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
Dashes of the following
- Old Bay Seasoning
- garlic salt
- 4 pork chops
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine A-1, Worchestershire, Tabasco, oil, whiskey and garlic in a blender (or use a hand blender or whisk) and emulsify.
- Add the spices and pour into Pryex container or ziploc bag.
- Reserve about 1/8 cup of the marinade; set aside.
- Add pork chops, marinate for at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Grill for about 5 minutes per side, basting with remaining sauce (or broil about 8 minutes per side and baste).
- I serve this with wild rice or with crispy potato wedges.