Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this marinade up when my DH and I were first married. It works very well for grilling or for broiling. It's on the zesty side, so feel free to cut down on the spices.
- 1⁄2 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup whiskey (not essential, but adds a great deal of flavor)
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
Dashes of the following
- Old Bay Seasoning
- garlic salt
- 4 pork chops
- Combine A-1, Worchestershire, Tabasco, oil, whiskey and garlic in a blender (or use a hand blender or whisk) and emulsify.
- Add the spices and pour into Pryex container or ziploc bag.
- Reserve about 1/8 cup of the marinade; set aside.
- Add pork chops, marinate for at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Grill for about 5 minutes per side, basting with remaining sauce (or broil about 8 minutes per side and baste).
- I serve this with wild rice or with crispy potato wedges.
This was a flavorful and easy recipe. I did omit the whiskey per didnt have any in the cupboard but will try the recipe again with it next time (although I found the recipe great without it!!) I marinated the porkchops for about 7 hours and the marinade flavored the meat perfectly. This is a recipe I will make often. Thank you.