Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
An egg and sausage spicy breakfast mix that can be eaten alone or stuffed into a tortilla or pita.
- 1⁄2 lb cubed smoked sausage
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 (1/2 tablespoon) salted butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sriracha hot sauce
- 1 lb steamer bag of lightly sauced roasted red potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup taco blend shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1⁄3 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- tortillas or pita bread
- Begin heating potatoes steamer in microwave. Grill diced red onion in large saucepan with 1/2 tablespoon salted butter.
- Once lightly browned, add diced smoked sausage and oil. Stir well over med-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Once potatoes are done heating add to mix. Add Sriracha and stir mix well another 3 minutes over high heat.
- Once done, spoon mixture into bowl, leaving as much of oil, butter, and grease as possible. Optionally leave some onions in pan.
- Reduce heat to medium and add 6 eggs directly. Allow eggs to fry slightly while adding both cheeses. Begin breaking yolks and stirring eggs, lightly scrambling them as they cook.
- Once eggs are cooked to your liking, add the bowl of sausage mixture to the eggs and stir well.
- Serve in a bowl or optionally on lightly fried tortillas or in pitas.