An egg and sausage spicy breakfast mix that can be eaten alone or stuffed into a tortilla or pita.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb cubed smoked sausage
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 (1/2 tablespoon) salted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sriracha hot sauce
- 1 lb steamer bag of lightly sauced roasted red potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup taco blend shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1/3 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- tortillas or pita bread
- 1Begin heating potatoes steamer in microwave. Grill diced red onion in large saucepan with 1/2 tablespoon salted butter.
- 2Once lightly browned, add diced smoked sausage and oil. Stir well over med-high heat for 3 minutes.
- 3Once potatoes are done heating add to mix. Add Sriracha and stir mix well another 3 minutes over high heat.
- 4Once done, spoon mixture into bowl, leaving as much of oil, butter, and grease as possible. Optionally leave some onions in pan.
- 5Reduce heat to medium and add 6 eggs directly. Allow eggs to fry slightly while adding both cheeses. Begin breaking yolks and stirring eggs, lightly scrambling them as they cook.
- 6Once eggs are cooked to your liking, add the bowl of sausage mixture to the eggs and stir well.
- 7Serve in a bowl or optionally on lightly fried tortillas or in pitas.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Smoked Sausage and Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.0
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 337.0 mg
- Sodium 779.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 23.2 g