Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I was looking for something to do with Pork Chops, and didn't have many of the ingredients on hand for most of the recipes that sounded yummy. So, I decided to raid my pantry and see what kind of experiment I could come up with. It turned out pretty tasty if I do say so myself....
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of broccoli soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 packet onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Layer pork chops on bottom of slow cooker.
- Mix remaining ingredients together.
- Pour over top of pork chops.
- Cook in slow cooker on medium heat for 8-10 hours.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
I couldn't decide between a 4 or 5 for this recipe simply because I try to compare dishes of all categories. This was a SUPER flavorful dish that we thoroughly enjoyed and was very moist and easy to make. I added the chops partially frozen to the crock pot and then used 98% fat free cans of soup. I used double the amount of green chili's and used Lawry's in place of the accent. I cooked this for 5 hours on low and then switched to warm and it was perfectly done. I served this over egg noodles and paired it with roasted asparagus with feta from this site. Wonderful! This is one of the better crock pot dishes!
This is what comfort food is all about, perfect for this below 0 weather. I didn't have cream of brocolli soup, so I subsituted with frozen brocolli and cauliflower and this addition was unbelievable. It gave it a really good flavor. I never would have thought to put pork chops in the slow cooker, but I'm glad I found this recipe.
Our whole family loved this recipe! It seemed a little odd, but the flavor is great and the pork is really tender. We ate it over rice, and it was great leftover. The kids ate it up, so will definitely make again!