Recipe by Mims & Squims
Better tasting than the ones I grew up with, these Sloppy Joes are healthier too.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 5 wheat hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Crumble turkey into skillet; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chili sauce, Worcestershire, tomato paste, salt, and hot pepper sauce.
- Simmer uncovered 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Spoon mixture onto bottom of rolls; close with roll tops.