Recipe by Ghostwriter
My family just raves about this one - try it and see why. I was just playing around in the kitchen one day when I came up with this one. Quick and easy to make. I think most coleslaw recipes have too much mayo or salad dressing and too many calories. Have you ever looked at coleslaw at the supermarket - it's swimming in dressing. I think my recipe is healthy and slimming. I like to put it on a french roll with ham, or chicken, or just on it's own. Or serve it with shrimp mixed in for a cool summer dinner.
Top Review by ladypit
I really enjoyed this. I am not one who loves coleslaw with tons of dressing so I thought this would be a good match. I loved the kick from the horesradish. Yum. Thanks for a good healthy side dish.
- 1⁄2 small head cabbage
- 20 baby carrots
- 4 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons hot horseradish
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop up the cabbage and carrots and place in a salad bowl.
- In another bowl mix salad dressing (do not substitute mayonnaise, it doesn't taste the same), add lemon juice, and hot horseradish. Try 2 tablespoons of horseradish, taste, if you want it hotter add a little more at a time. If it's too hot, add a tiny bit more salad dressing. Mix well. Taste will cool a little bit once it's added to the veggies.
- Next mix into salad bowl containing cabbage and carrots. We are so used to seeing lots of dressing on our food at first you will think you do not have enough - but mix it in thoroughly and you will have just a light coating of dressing over the veggies. It tastes great and has far fewer calories than store bought.