Recipe by Milann Taylor
This recipe came from a feeling--the feeling of--oh my, what's for supper!? I planned it out two days while on the "bike that goes nowhere" at the gym from items I had. My guys loved it (my son didn't eat much of the asparagus tips b/c "they didn't find my fork." The measurement on the Tony's seasoning is an estimate, as I sprinkle it until it thoroughly covers the food, so do it to taste.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 9 ounces frozen asparagus cuts
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese
- 3 cups whole wheat penne
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄8 cup Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 -6 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat skillet on medium heat.
- Start water in pot for pasta.
- Cut chicken breasts in bite size pieces, sprinkle thoroughly with Tony's seasoning.
- Slice onion in thin 1/2 rings, then cut across two or three more times.
- Add olive oil when skillet is hot.
- Finely dice garlic cloves.
- Add chicken, onion and garlic to skillet when oil is hot.
- Salt boiling water and add pasta.
- Keep stirring contents in skillet.
- Put asparagus tips (per instructions) in microwave for 4 minutes, redistribute in their bag after 2 minutes.
- Cut Velveeta in small squares.
- Reduce heat to medium/low.
- Add tips to skillet; stir.
- Add Velveeta to skillet; stir.
- Sprinkle with Tony's seasoning, stir.
- Thoroughly drain pasta and add to skillet.
- Sprinkle with Tony's, stir.
- Serve when cheese is melted and thickens.