Recipe by Bergy
Great for a special occasion or just being good to yourselves. Not too spicy but flavorful. Add a prawn or two if you wish!
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This was just awesome. Love the combination of flavors in the marinade. Made this on the grill and it turned out really moist and flavorful. I marinaded this for about 6 hours. Thanks for posting. I'll be making this again and again.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 2 inch cubes
- 8 mushroom caps
- 8 pieces sweet green peppers (2-inch pieces)
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons fat-free honey-dijon salad dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow glass dish combine;garlic, onion,soysauce, oil, vinegar, ginger and chili powder Mix well, reserve 2 tbsp of the marinade
- Add chicken, cover, refrigerate for 1 hour
- Meanwhile in a large bowl combine the mushrooms, pepper pieces, tomatoes and dressing Mix well and refrigerater until ready to use
- Remove chicken from the marinade, discard marinade
- Thread ingredients on skewers (if using wooden skewers pre soak them for 15 min in water) Start with a mushroom cap, then chicken, then pepper, etc.
- Broil 3" from heat or BBQ over med/high heat
- Baste with the reserved marinade Timing depends on the heat but approximately 5 minutes each side or until chicken is no longer pink.