Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great for a special occasion or just being good to yourselves. Not too spicy but flavorful. Add a prawn or two if you wish!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 2 inch cubes
- 8 mushroom caps
- 8 pieces sweet green peppers (2-inch pieces)
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons fat-free honey-dijon salad dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- In a shallow glass dish combine;garlic, onion,soysauce, oil, vinegar, ginger and chili powder Mix well, reserve 2 tbsp of the marinade
- Add chicken, cover, refrigerate for 1 hour
- Meanwhile in a large bowl combine the mushrooms, pepper pieces, tomatoes and dressing Mix well and refrigerater until ready to use
- Remove chicken from the marinade, discard marinade
- Thread ingredients on skewers (if using wooden skewers pre soak them for 15 min in water) Start with a mushroom cap, then chicken, then pepper, etc.
- Broil 3" from heat or BBQ over med/high heat
- Baste with the reserved marinade Timing depends on the heat but approximately 5 minutes each side or until chicken is no longer pink.
This was just awesome. Love the combination of flavors in the marinade. Made this on the grill and it turned out really moist and flavorful. I marinaded this for about 6 hours. Thanks for posting. I'll be making this again and again.
Well, just like all of your other recipes Bergy, this is another winner! I marinated the chicken in the morning and we grilled them tonight. I doubled the marinate and used 12 breasts, as we had some company over for a BBQ. This is one great marinade, it produced a delicious flavor for the chicken, and the veggies were so good, I used Honey Mustard Dressing for the honey dijon dressing yummmmm!... we all loved it! thanks so much Bergy for another winner, I'll be making this again....Kitten:)