Recipe by cooking in cairo...
This is a salad I make with leftover cooked cabbage that I have when I make Egyptian Style Stuffed Cabbage, see my recipe for these. It's so easy, but a great little salad with just the right amount of heat. Enjoy!
Top Review by UmmBinat
Oh my goodness I think all your recipes are the best masha Allah (praise be to God). I have been missing out getting rid of that middle part of the cabbage when making recipe#194768. This is a great salad! DH said he liked it and for cabbage salad that says a lot. I used Hellman's olive oil mayonnaise to be soy free, sea salt, to taste, freshly ground black pepper, to taste, much less cayenne pepper, to taste, sliced purple onion, plus the rest of the ingredients. I will make this again. Made for WELCOME TO EGYPT!
- 1 small green cabbage (or any leftover cooked cabbage)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, depending on how hot you like it (less (or more)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 slice onion (finely chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Take cooked cabbage and chop into bite size thin chunks or slices.
- Put into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in mayonnaise, stir around to coat.
- Add in vinegar and oil, stir to mix.
- Add rest of ingredients, mix well, cover and let chill one hour before serving.
- Excellent salad for summer BBQ's, really great anytime!