Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Have yet to try this but it sure does look good! Recipe to share.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons satay sauce
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced (optional)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- brandy, warmed
- Heat oil in wok. Add onion and stir fry until fragrant.
- Add curry powder and sugar and stir fry for a minute.
- Throw in prawns and when its almost cooked, add sauce and cream. Stir well. Add red pepper.
- Line serving dish with lettuce and spoon shrimps over it.
- Place metal bowl/cup filled with warmed brandy in the middle of serving dish. Lit it.
- Pick shrimps with chopsticks, hold over flame to heat and flavor the shrimp. (And of course, dont use wooden chopsticks!).