1/1 Photo of Spicy Shrimp With Spinach and Walnuts
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb unpeeled large raw shrimp
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry, divided
- 1 tablespoon peeled grated gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup no-salt-added chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons low-calorie soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium ketchup
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1Peel, devein and butterfly shrimp.
- 2Combine shrimp, 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry and gingerroot.
- 3Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 4Combine remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry, cornstarch, chicken broth, soy sauce, and vinegar; stir well.
- 5Add ketchup and next 3 ingredients.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Coat a wok with cooking spray.
- 8Heat at medium-high until hot.
- 9Add walnuts and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- 10Remove walnuts from wok and set aside.
- 11Drizzle peanut oil around top of wok, coating sides.
- 12Add spinach to wok; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- 13Remove to a serving platter; keep warm.
- 14Add garlic to wok; stir-fry 10 seconds.
- 15Add sweet red pepper and green onions; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes.
- 16Add cornstarch mixture; stir-fry until mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly.
- 17Spoon over spinach and sprinkle with walnuts.
- 18Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Romantic Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Romantic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Shrimp With Spinach and Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.4
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 143.0 mg
- Sodium 718.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 19.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-calorie soy sauce
rice wine vinegar