Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of the most delicious shrimp stir-fry dishes, even better than any Asian restaurant!
Make and share this Spicy Shrimp With Hot Chili Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic, to taste (lots is better!)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons sugar, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or 3 tablespoons rice wine
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 6 small chili peppers or 1 teaspoon crushed dry red pepper flakes, to taste
- 4 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups green onions, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cored, cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- In a bowl, combine all marinade ingredients; stir in the shrimp until evenly coated; marinate for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend together all sauce ingredients.
- Slice the chili peppers in half lengthwise, and scrape out the seeds with the tip of a knife, then cut the peppers into 1/4-inch pieces (I use rubber gloves for this, watch your eyes, these are HOT!).
- In a large wok or large heavy skillet, over high heat, add in half of the marinated shrimp; stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until the shrimp turns pink; remove.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in the same wok/frypan, and stir-fry remaining shrimp in the same manner; remove.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan.
- Add the chili peppers and garlic; stir-fry 10 seconds, or until peppers start to turn brown.
- Add in the green onions and bell pepper; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add in the sauce mixture; cook, stirring until sauce boils and thickens.
- Stir in the shrimp and sesame oil.
- Serve immediately.
WOW! Very good, will be making again.
This is so yummy. DH thought that it taste just like all the other stir fried shrimp dishes. :( I thought that this had a WOW! to it Just loved the red chili's added to this hot and spicy dish. :) I also loved the ease in the preparation. Thanks for posting. :)
Great tasting recipe. I added in all sorts of vegetables, but used the marinade and sauce recipe. I didn't have chicken broth, so I just used water, and it still had great flavor. Thanks for posting!