1/1 Photo of Spicy Shrimp With Green Beans & Red Pepper
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3/4 lb fresh young green beans
- 1/4 cup peanuts or 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 shallots, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch julienne strips
- fresh cilantro stem
- 1Rinse the shrimp with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- 2Put the shrimp in a medium bowl, sprinkle with the wine, cover and refrigerate until needed, up to two hours.
- 3Bring a medium pan of salted water to boil, add green beans and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- 4Drain, rinse with cold water and throughly dry on paper towels.
- 5Cut the beans diagonally in 1 1/2 inch lengths and set aside.
- 6In a small bowl, stir together the glaze ingredients and set aside.
- 7Drain the shrimp well.
- 8Heat a wok or medium skillet over high heat.
- 9Add half the oil and when it is very hot, add the shrimp.
- 10Stir-fry until the shrimp are firm and opaque, 1-2 minutes.
- 11Take from heat and set shrimp aside.
- 12Reheat the wok over medium-high heat and add the remaining oil.
- 13Stir-fry the shallots, garlic and bell pepper until the bell pepper starts to soften, 1-2 minutes.
- 14Add the green beans and stir-fry until just hot, about 30 seconds.
- 15Reduce heat, stir the glaze and pour into the wok.
- 16Stir until thickened.
- 17Add the shrimp with any juices and stir to combine.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Shrimp With Green Beans & Red Pepper
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.3
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 1176.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 20.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Indonesian chili sauce