Recipe by likethebird
Recipe from http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Recipe/Collards-with-Turkey-Sausage-and-Shrimp.aspx. Put here for safe keeping.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail off
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 7 ounces turkey sausage, casings removed (2 sausages)
- 1 bunch collard greens, stems removed and leaves chopped (about 1 lb)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix together chile powder, paprika, salt, black pepper and cayenne. In a medium bowl, toss shrimp with 1 tsp spice mixture until coated.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a large sauté pan or wok on medium-high. Add shallots and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes, until softened. Add shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 more minutes, until just turning pink. Transfer shallot-shrimp mixture to a bowl and return pan to heat.
- Heat remaining 1 tsp oil in pan. Add sausage and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, for about 3 minutes, until browned. Stir remaining spice mixture and collard greens into pan. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Remove lid, stir and cook for 2 more minutes. Add shallot-shrimp mixture back to pan, stir and cook for 1 more minute, until heated through. Serve immediately.