Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Every Night Italian, posted for ZWT IV.
Make and share this Spicy Shrimp With Brandy and Fresh Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Peel the tomatoes, remove the seeds and cut into narrow strips.
- Put the garlic and olive oil in a skillet large enough to accommodate the shrimp in a single layer and place it over high heat.
- Saute the garlic till it begins to sizzle. Add the red pepper flakes and the shrimp and saute very briefly, till both sides of the shrimp begin to change color.
- Add the brandy and flame it, or let it cook for about 10 seconds to evaporate the alcohol.
- Add the tomatoes and season with salt. Cook, stirring, till the shrimp are done, 2-3 minutes.
- Do not overcook the shrimp or they will become tough.
- Serve at once.
This was good. We only used 1 pound of shrimp and that worked out fine. I would recommend a little more hot pepper. Also, there is no brandy flavor. If you want brandy flavor, you probably should double the amount. We simmered the brandy rather than flaming it. I would add additional tomatoes, as well. Some fresh grated Parmesan cheese would be good on top.