pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
From Every Night Italian, posted for ZWT IV.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the tomatoes, remove the seeds and cut into narrow strips.
- 2Put the garlic and olive oil in a skillet large enough to accommodate the shrimp in a single layer and place it over high heat.
- 3Saute the garlic till it begins to sizzle. Add the red pepper flakes and the shrimp and saute very briefly, till both sides of the shrimp begin to change color.
- 4Add the brandy and flame it, or let it cook for about 10 seconds to evaporate the alcohol.
- 5Add the tomatoes and season with salt. Cook, stirring, till the shrimp are done, 2-3 minutes.
- 6Do not overcook the shrimp or they will become tough.
- 7Serve at once.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Shrimp With Brandy and Fresh Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.5
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 259.2 mg
- Sodium 257.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 35.6 g