Recipe by pattikay in L.A.
From Every Night Italian, posted for ZWT IV.
Top Review by Paris D
This was good. We only used 1 pound of shrimp and that worked out fine. I would recommend a little more hot pepper. Also, there is no brandy flavor. If you want brandy flavor, you probably should double the amount. We simmered the brandy rather than flaming it. I would add additional tomatoes, as well. Some fresh grated Parmesan cheese would be good on top.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 ounces fresh plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the tomatoes, remove the seeds and cut into narrow strips.
- Put the garlic and olive oil in a skillet large enough to accommodate the shrimp in a single layer and place it over high heat.
- Saute the garlic till it begins to sizzle. Add the red pepper flakes and the shrimp and saute very briefly, till both sides of the shrimp begin to change color.
- Add the brandy and flame it, or let it cook for about 10 seconds to evaporate the alcohol.
- Add the tomatoes and season with salt. Cook, stirring, till the shrimp are done, 2-3 minutes.
- Do not overcook the shrimp or they will become tough.
- Serve at once.