Recipe by KeyWee
I found this recipe in the most recent issue of Taste of Home - kind of .... of course, I couldn't leave it alone, and wanted to keep the results in My Cookbook, since I enjoyed it and wanted to share. It was originally called a "bisque", but since there is no cream (or even any milk) in the recipe, I left that out of the title. This is tasty, quick & easy - enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby corn, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups small shell pasta, cooked & drained
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cooked,peeled & deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup pot, saute onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Add broth, tomato juice, tomatoes, corn, Worcestershire sauce, seasonings, and bay leaf, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf, stir in pasta and shrimp, heat through, and serve.
- This is not HOT& spicy- add more hot sauce and/or cayenne if you like more heat!