I’ve always hated stir-fry that skimps on the shrimp, so I made sure this recipe had more shrimp than anything else. Serve over plain or Ginger Coconut Rice. This recipe comes from Out of the Frying Pan.
- 2 tablespoons thai oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup snow peas, strings removed
- 1 cup red bell pepper, seeds removed, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- green onion, chopped for garnish
- Heat oil in a wok or a heavy skillet over high heat. Add shrimp and stir-fry about 1-2 minutes on each side or until the shrimp is just cooked through. Remove shrimp from the wok with a slotted spoon and transfer it on a plate.
- Add snow peas, bell pepper, onion, ginger and garlic to the wok and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add coconut milk, soy sauce, and curry paste. Boil until sauce thickens slightly, stirring frequently for about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and stir for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve immediately. Garnish with green onions, if desired.